New citizenship education training package now available
We are pleased to launch our central training and support offer for schools, consortia and local authorities to help promote and develop quality citizenship teaching.
All of our training and support is bespoke, to meet the varying needs of different settings, and can cover areas such as:
- The nature and purpose of citizenship education;
- What makes a good citizenship lesson;
- Specific topic areas (eg right and responsibilities, law, politics, economics);
- Assessment for learning (eg using exemplification of standards and level descriptions)
- Teaching and assessing formal qualifications;
- Selecting relevant high quality materials to use for teaching;
- Developing schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Developing content for drop down days;
- Practical approaches assessment embedded in learning.
It can take place over a day, half day or twilight session and can be delivered on a whole staff, departmental or one-to-one basis.
Prices vary depending on the length of the session.