Go Green during Climate Week
From 21 to 27 March it is Climate Week - a week that will showcase grass root activism across the whole country. Over a thousand people have already registered their green events involving schools, businesses, charities and eco warriors across the country.
Why not join in by applying for a grant to do a green event at your school? Apply for a grant to participate in Make the Link - Climate exChange and get your school involved now.
Make the Link - Climate exChange is a three year project in partnership with Plan UK. Funded by the European Union, it promotes learning, dialogue and action on climate change through linking secondary schools and youth groups in the EU (UK, Netherlands and Bulgaria) with those in Africa (Malawi, Senegal and Kenya).
The emphasis of the project is on the practical steps young people can take to tackle climate change as active citizens.
The programme offers for free:
- High quality downloadable lesson plans on climate change and active citizenship;
- An interactive website platform www.mtl-cec.org where UK students can link with students in the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Senegal, Kenya and Malawi;
- The opportunity to enrich your school's ethos and international connections and apply for an International Schools Award;
- Teacher training on the use of the resources and the interactive website platform including up to £240 supply cover;
- A residential for students to train in active citizenship campaigning on climate change (for those schools who want to take this project further and interact at local and national level with MPs and MEPs);
- Small grants worth £80 and £255
Schools are already taking part in Colchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Norwich, Rochdale and Wokingham.