Young Achievers Awards 2009 - nominations open!
The Young Achievers Awards are now open for nominations. Young Achievers wants to recognize 56 young people in total - 8 winners, 8 runners up, 16 shortlisted and 24 commended 16-25 year olds. All 56 will receive some support, and the winners and runners up will each win prizes including cash for personal and project development and an RSA fellowship.
The Young Achievers Awards aim to celebrate and support 16-25 year-olds who:
- have shown innovation or creativity in their volunteering
- demonstrated leadership in creating and developing projects
- used their energy, commitment and enthusiasm to raise awareness
- created something worth replicating elsewhere and inspired others
- demonstrated a willingness to develop their talents into new areas
The deadline for entries is 27th September 2009. Young people can self nominate or be nominated by someone who recognizes their achievements - the nomination form is available to download on the Young Achievers website.
See the website for further information.