200 Go-Givers celebrate in style, with Ade Adepitan
On June 9th, 200 children participating in the London ‘Make a Difference Challenge' gathered at the Shoreditch Studios to celebrate their achievements with special guest Ade Adepitan.
‘Make a Difference' Celebration Day
The day began with an inspirational guest speaker; paralympian, campaigner and CBBC presenter, Ade Adepitan. The children heard how Ade had overcome obstacles to get where he is today - with a few even having a go in Ade's sports wheelchair! Ade told the children that "Life has many challenges but what ever your dream is, you must never give up."
"Ade never gave up and he has really inspired our class to keep going," said one 10 year old pupil from St.George's CoE School, Southwark.
Next up, children took the opportunity to visit work displayed by other schools where ‘Graffiti boards' allowed them to comment on campaigns run by their peers. "I am proud of what we are doing. I hope there will be change" said a pupil aged 9 from Kensington Primary School, Newham as she made her way round the exhibition.
Soon enough, it was time for the young campaigners to showcase their campaigns through performance, research presentations, music, dance and even comedy. The day ended with a special appearance from the Go-Givers characters, who were received with much excitement by children and teachers alike.
Behind the Scenes
The celebration day was a highlight of the ‘Make a Difference Challenge' cycle, but schools had been working hard on their campaigns for months in the lead up.
This year, children chose to tackle a breadth of contrasting issues:
- Islington: Ashmount Primary School: Child Poverty in the UK
- Islington: St. Andrew's Primary School: Fundraising for the Rainbow Trust
- Southwark: St.George's CoE Primary School: Water in our world
- Southwark: Charlotte Sharman Primary School: The impact of HIV & Aids
- Waltham Forest: Roger Ascham Primary School: Endangered species
- Bromley: Bickley Park School: Cruelty to animals
- Lewisham: St.Matthew's Academy: Play facilities
- Camden: Brecknock Primary School: Respect Lives Not Knives campaign
- Newham: Kensington Primary School: Sibley Grove Bridge regeneration project
To find out more about Go-Givers, visit www.gogivers.org
For more information about the ‘Make a Difference' Challenge, contact Shez.