Free CPD certification in the Teaching of Citizenship
DCSF Professional Development Grants are available for this distance learning module.Introduction to Education for Democratic Citizenship is a Birkbeck University of London distance learning module incorporating the DCSF Standards for the Certification of the Teaching of Citizenship, and delivered in partnership with the Citizenship Foundation. The module is fully subsidised by DCSF for eligible teachers.
* Distance learning module,
* full support from an assigned personal tutor,
* computer-based virtual learning environment,
* three optional face-to-face days at Birkbeck.
Candidates should ideally have at least two years experience of teaching citizenship.
The next module will begin on 10 October 2008 and will complete in April 2009, allowing candidates the holiday period to complete and submit the portfolio.
- More about Introduction to Education for Democratic Citizenship
- For an application form email Birkbeck University of London