Ofsted report welcomed
The Citizenship Foundation welcomes OFSTEDís report on Citizenship in secondary schools, published last week.We share the sense that schools have made real progress in their delivery of Citizenship since its introduction. The real focus now needs to be on ensuring teachers have access to the training and guidance they need. The forthcoming CPD Handbook, devised by the Citizenship Foundation, will help to address these issues.
OFSTED also highlights the continuing need for training. Teachers are encouraged to attend our First Friday seminars for those delivering citizenship education. Topics have included:
- Art, Creativity and Enterprise: Inspiring the Citizenship Curriculum;
- Charity, Volunteering and Citizenship Education;
- Citizenship and Education Beyond The Classroom;
- Citizenship and the Challenge for Teacher Training;
- Effective Citizenship Through Media Literacy;
- Global Citizenship: Out There, or Right Here?;
- Law Related Education and the Citizenship Curriculum.