Citizenship and Human Rights seminar, Dubrovnik
The eighth meeting of the EDC (Education for Democratic Change) Coordinators and Seminar on Sustainability for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights took place in Dubrovnik, Croatia, 14-16 April.Ted Huddleston of the Citizenship Foundation presented the 'Tool on Teacher Training for Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education', one of the 'tools' developed as part of the Year of Citizenship through Education.
This comprised general guidelines for policy-makers and others involved in pre-service and in-service training in EDC and HRE in Council of Europe member states.
The programme included presentations on:
- EDC Policies and Practices in Europe
- Perspectives from Croatia and Ireland
- UNHCHR - The World Programme for Human Rights Education
- EDC: Quality Assurance at the school level
- Teacher Training in EDC/HRE
- European Charter for Democratic Schools without Violence.